Submission guidelines for Reviews
Contributions to the Reviews column provide a critical analysis of books, videos, curricula, and other teaching tools that may be helpful to Extension educators. Contributors to Reviews are asked to follow these guidelines.
- Each contribution should be approximately 750 words in length.
- Manuscripts should be in block style (no indents or tabs).
- The Chicago Manual of Style is preferred for style. Click here for a quick guide to style.
- Authors should submit their manuscripts electronically as an MS-Word compatible attachment.
- One cover page should be attached to the original and include the title of the article, author's name, official title and affiliation, office and home contact information (addresses, phone and fax numbers, electronic-mail addresses), and the date of submission.
- Also, a signed and dated license agreement should be scanned and emailed to the editor at this time. Word version of license agreement.
- Materials reviewed may be on any topic related to the main branches of family and consumer sciences: housing and home furnishings, clothing and textiles, health, food and nutrition, human development, family resource management, or on topics that have clear practical implications for families and consumers.
- The materials under review must be thoroughly identified, including author, publisher, date of publication, and information on how to obtain a copy of the materials.
- It is the author's responsibility to obtain any necessary written permission for use of copyrighted material contained within the article.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all citations, references, and bibliographies.
- Send submissions to the editor:
Carolyn L. Bird, Editor-in-Chief
North Carolina State University
Campus Box 7606
Raleigh, NC 27695-7606