Seats are full for the December 2015 Dissertation Insitute and we are accepting applicaitons for our waiting list. We cannot guarantee a seat to those on the waiting list.
Does your dissertation need some inspiration? Looking for a boost to get finished? Or maybe you want to get it started off on the right foot? Try NC State's new "bootcamp for your dissertation!"
Thesis and Dissertation Support Services at NC State is offering the Dissertation Institute in December 2015. The Institute is designed to give 15 students at the writing stage of their dissertation dedicated time and space to focus on their projects. The Institute will combine highly productive writing time, scholarly writing instruction, group goal-setting, and motivational strategies to support our doctoral students. We will help you get finished!
When: December 14-18, 2015
Where: Hunt Library Creativity Studio
Who can apply: Doctoral candidates (limited to the first 15 applicants)
Applications available: October 12, 2015
Deadline for applications: November 24, 2015
Deadline for motivational deposit: November 24, 2015
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2015 Dissertation Institute!
There are three (3) requirements for your Dissertation Institute application:
- Completed application form
- An email statement of support from your dissertation chair
- A fully-refundable motivational deposit of $50 in the form of a check, made out to NC State University.
To secure your seat in the Institute, you must complete all three elements of the application package. There are only 15 seats available on a first come, first served basis. Incomplete applications will not hold you a seat. We will hold two seats on a waiting list in case of a cancellation. Please read the entire application package for full details and instructions. Once your completed application is received, you will receive an email from the Director of Thesis and Dissertation Support Services confirming your seat and providing you with more details about the week's schedule and expectations.
Should your schedule change, you may cancel your seat in the Dissertation Institute by December 1, 2015. Cancellations made prior to this date will have their motivational deposit check returned. Cancellations made after this date will result in forfeiture of the motivational deposit.
- Carrie Ritter, A Study of Pre-Service Elementary Teachers' Mathematical Sophistication in a Reform-Oriented Calculus Course, Mathematics Education, November 2015
- Robert Radics, Forest Bioenergy: Social, Environmental and Economic Perspectives, Forest Biomaterials, November 2015
- Amanda Allen, What do the Teachers Have to Say? A Phenomenological Study of the Use of Stationary Movement Devices in Elementary and Middle School Classrooms, Counseling & Counselor Education, September 2015
- Nadia Monrose Mills, Investigating a Proposed Problem Solving Theory in the Context of Mathematical Problem Solving: A Multi-case Study, Mathematics Education, August 2015
- Drew Marticorena, Statistical Analyses of Diverse Issues in Sustainable Agriculture, Horticulture Science, June 2015
- Ticola Ross, Exploring the Relationships Between Youth Activism, Developmental Assets, and Sociopolitical Consciousness in Emerging Adulthood, Psychology, May 2015
- Christina, Ndoh, Does Technology or Expertise Matter? An Exploration of Attitudes and Opinions on Synthetic Biology Policy and Governance Needs, Public Administration, May 2015
- Lingjiao Qi, Development and Application of Fast-scan Voltammetric Technology for Examining Neurochemical Mechanisms in Vivo, Chemistry, May 2015
- Elizabeth Johnson-Young, What to Expect When You're Expecting: Communication, Body Image, and Breastfeeding Decision, CRDM, April 2015
- Jeffrey Kyle Covington, Developing a Professional Embodiment of Movement: A Situational Analysis of Physical Therapist Clinical Instructors' Facilitation of Students' Emerging Integration of Movement in Practice, Educational Research & Policy Analysis, March 2015
- Alison Amos, Adapting Standard Fast-Scan Cyclic Voltammetry Protocols & Sensors for Chronic Biochemical Measurements & In Vivo Applications, Biomedical Engineering, March 2015
- Christine Pesetski, An Exploratory Case Study of Undergraduate Students in Recovery: An Application of Recovery Capital during Reentry, Educational Research & Policy Analysis, March 2015
- Jong Seon Lee, The Influence of Urban Form and Design with Children's Physical Activity and Active Travel, Design, March 2015
- Boopathy Kombaiah, Transitions in Creep Mechanisms of Zirconium Alloys, Material Science & Engineering, February 2015
- Muntazar Monsur, Does Child Care Architecture Matter? Investigating how Indoor-Outdoor Spatial Relations Influence Child Engagement and Teacher Motivation, Design, December 2014
- Po-Chen Lin, Managing Release Changes in Rolling Horizon Production Planting, Industrial Engineering, December 2014
- Lisa Tichavsky, The Adoption of Mandatory Arrest Legislation for Domestic Assaults in the U.S., 1980 - 2000: A Test of Three Explanations, Sociology and Anthropology, October 2014
- Kunsheng Fang, May 2014 Dissertation Institute participant