Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
SPONSORING AGENCY: Hispanic Scholarship Fund
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) scholarship program is to assist Hispanic American students in completing their higher education. HSF scholarships are available on a competitive basis to undergraduate and graduate students of Hispanic background.
FIELDS: All Fields
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must:
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate or graduate degree
- Be enrolled fulltime in a degree-seeking program at a US-accredited institution in the US, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands or Guam
- Have applied for Federal Financial Aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
EVALUATION AND SELECTION: Applications are evaluated on the following criteria: academic record, academic plans and careers goals, financial need, community service, compelling essay responses, letter of recommendation.
ANNUAL AWARD: Range from $1,000 - $5,000
APPLICATION PERIOD: September 1 to December 15 of each year for the upcoming academic year.