Changing Name or Degree Title of an Existing Graduate Program

A written request to change the name or degree title of an existing graduate program must follow the routing procedures listed on the On-Campus Routing Form.

An explanation of the reason for the proposed change must be included.

Once approved, it will be submitted to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Changes in the name of the Minor Program and Course Prefix can be handled at the same time by simple inclusion of a request at this time. Those changes can be approved on campus and do not need UNC-System approval. Changes to Undergraduate Programs and Course Prefixes require separate documentation.

This can be done at any time and is processed by the Graduate School.