The GTI helps orient, connect, and integrate the SKEMA students into the NC State and surrounding community. SKEMA students also participate in various cultural, community service, and academic activities as part of the Cultural Exchange Network (CENet).
A Visionary Leader: Salome Froment
How Leadership Translates Across Cultures
Salome Froment came to NC State to study International Business at SKEMA Business School's U.S. campus for a year.
During her time here, she connected with several on-campus units, including the Women's Center and the Center for Service, Leadership, Ethics, and Public Service (CSLEPS).
CSLEPS awarded Salome the Ronald C. Butler Visionary Leader Award as a result of her outstanding Visionary Leadership Certificate portfolio.
SKEMA-US Application Process
SKEMA students who are selected by their school to attend the Raleigh campus must complete an application to receive access to NC State services and facilities.
- Apply through the GTI Application Center (go.ncsu.edu/gti_apply).
- Select "Global Training Initiative" then "SKEMA" under Special Programs.
- The address and phone information should be your current physical address and contact information in France or abroad.
- The email address you enter will be the one where NC State will send all of your campus ID and password information.
- Use the application's calendar icon to correctly select your birthday.
- Do NOT submit more than one application. Email the GTI if you made errors on an application you already submitted.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
- Your application will be processed in 5-10 business days.
- Once the application has been approved and processed, NC State will email your Unity ID, Campus ID number, and initial default password information.
- Unity ID: 8 or fewer characters, so John Smith may be email@example.com
- Campus ID: 9 numerals (no letters), ex. 200123456
- Default Password: last 4 digits of Campus ID + birth month and day (July 4 = 0704)
- If you initial default password does not appear to work, try to switch the birth month and day.
- You MUST change your password after your first log-in by using the Unity Password Change Tool.
- After changing your password, you then need to create your User Identification and Authentication questions (UIA).
- Log into MyPack Portal with your Unity ID and initial default password to access your personal information and apply for campus housing.
- If you've forgotten your password after changing it or are having other issues, contact the Help Desk via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or other methods.
- Once you have been processed by the system, you may receive a notification about charges to your student account.
- If you have applied for NC State housing, you are responsible for paying those housing costs.
- You MUST cancel you campus housing reservation and pay the appropriate cancellation fees if you no longer intend to live on campus.
- SKEMA students do NOT have to pay the student fees ($1,236.73 for the 2016-2017 academic year). They will be paid by SKEMA Raleigh, but you will receive a notification that a charge was posted to your student account.