2015 Flu Vaccination Clinics
The flu vaccination is the best way to protect yourself from the flu virus.
Human Resources will be sponsoring appointment and walk-in flu vaccination clinics across campus. Just like priort years, all State Health Plan members, dependents and pre-age 65 retirees are eligible for a FREE flu vaccination at the NC State campus clinics.
- Free flu vaccinations will be available to members, dependents, and retirees enrolled in the State Health Plan. Members must present their State Health Plan insurance card along with a photo ID at the campus clinics to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
- FluMist vaccinations will not be available at the NC State campus clinics.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany children between the ages of four and 17 and provide written authorization. Children under age four should see their physician for immunizations, including the flu shot, in order to get the vaccine administered in a child’s dose.
- In addition to the NC State campus clinics, free flu vaccinations will be available to State Health Plan members, dependents, and retirees at an in-network doctor's office, a participating CVS Minute Clinic, or through a participating in-network immunizing pharmacist. Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- Individuals not covered by the State Health Plan, eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Plan, or Medicare Part B will be charged a vaccination fee of $30 (payable by cash or check only). Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- THESE CAMPUS FLU SHOTS ARE NOT COVERED FOR THOSE IN THE UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN. Individuals covered through the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans should contact the company for flu vaccination information:
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-747-1014
- If you have questions or concerns about the flu vaccination, please consult with your physician. Visit the Centers for Disease Control website for additional flu information.
- To view the flu vaccination program details in Spanish, visit the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Detalles del Programa website.
- To view questions about the seasonal flu program in Spanish, visit the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Preguntas Frecuentes website.
Flu Vaccination Consent Forms
Save time by completing your flu vaccination consent form online. Two completed copies of this form must be printed and submitted at the NC State campus clinics.
- State Health Plan Consent Form [PDF]
This form should be completed by all State Health Plan members who are not Medicare primary or enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan through the State Health Plan. Members of eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Plans should also complete this form.
- Medicare Primary and Medicare Advantage Plan Consent Form [PDF]
This form should be completed by retirees enrolled in an eligible Medicare Advantage Plan or individuals with Medicare as their primary health coverage. To review eligible plan options, visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
The below campus clinics will be offering flu vaccination appointments. Employees wishing to receive a flu vaccination at these clinics are encouraged to schedule an appointment. Employees without an appointment will be accommodated as vaccination supplies and appointment volumes permit.
Employees may schedule an appointment for themselves and any covered family member. Each family member must register individually using the below appointment scheduling tool. Individuals must present their insurance card along with a photo ID at the campus clinics to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
To reserve your appointment, follow the below instructions or download the registration guide [PDF]:
- Go to https://maximflu.bioiq.com
- Select the “Sign-up Now!” button
- Create your account (save your username and password for future use)
- When prompted enter your Invitation Code: NCSU2015
- Fill out the required demographic information
- Choose your screening option: Flu Vaccination
- Select your preferred flu event and timeslot:
Walk-in Flu vaccinations will be offered on the below dates. Appointments are not necessary so employees wishing to receive a flu vaccination at these clinics can just walk-in. However, please note that appointments will have priority.