The Leave Administration responsibilities include:
- Maintaining departmental employee leave records
- Generating various reports throughout the year
- Reconciling each employee's leave as of 6/30 and 12/31 each year
- Providing each employee (EPA, SPA, Postdoc/House Officer) with a copy of the June and December reports, verified and signed by the employee and supervisor.
Becoming a Leave Administrator
The Department must submit a Security Application Request (SAR) requesting Leave Administrator access to the Web Leave System for the department number(s) affected by the change. If the Leave Administrator is responsible for employees in multiple departments, or if supervisors are in other departments, the leave administrator must have access to these department numbers as well. A department can have more than one leave administrator; a backup administrator is recommended.
Note: Leave administrators cannot edit their own leave records; the backup leave administrator will need to edit the primary leave administrator's records.
Removing Leave Administrator Status
To remove a Leave Administrator's access to the Web Leave System, the initiating department must submit the Security Application Request (SAR) requesting the employee be removed as a Leave Administrator.
Note: This will only remove the Leave Administrator access; it will not delete the employee from the Web Leave database.
If the employee has transferred to another department, and the SAR was not submitted to remove the Leave Administrator access, the department to which the employee transferred must submit the Security Application Request (SAR) requesting the access as Leave Administrator for the old department be removed.
Step by Step adding/deleting access
- Log in to MyPack Portal
- Click on For Faculty & Staff
- In the far left column, click on Security Access/SAR
- Next, click on SAR
- Click on Update Access
- Type in last name of person to update access, then click on Search
- Click on name, then continue
- On next screen, scroll down to select Web Leave and click Continue
- Under Employee Editing Security Section, click on the OUC (010101-Chancellor's Unit) under the Available column. This will highlight, then click on the ">" to move it to the Selected column
- Next click on Preview Request at the bottom
- Then click on Complete Request