Breadcrumb Navigation:

Human Resources > Benefits > Leave > Current Page

Maternity and Paternity Leave

help button.  click this to display help form

Ask a question

Name: Your email: Question:

Having a baby?  Adopting a child?  The Family and Medical Leave policy provides 12 workweeks of unpaid, job protected leave in a 12-month period for the birth, care for and/or adoption of a child or newborn, and placement of the child with you for foster care. 

When should you apply:  You should provide notice of your planned leave at least 30 days prior to the birth or adoption of a child.  Family and Medical Leave can be used prior to the birth or adoption or placement of the child for foster care to cover physician appointments, periods of bed rest or disability, and to attend appointments related to the adoption or placement of the child. 

How do I start the process:  To apply for Family and Medical Leave, you must first complete the Family and Medical Leave Request Form.   Once you complete the Family and Medical Leave Request Form, depending on your circumstances, must complete the following forms or provide the following information:

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Maternity and Paternity Leave

Have Additional Questions? Contact Us

University Leave Administrator
Margot Henion, 919-515-4319
Workers' Compensation Administrator
Thelma Speight-Farrar, 919-513-0106
HR Leave Consultant
Becki Johnson, 919-515-4317
HR Leave Consultant
Patti Sajecki, 919-515-4272
Workers' Compensation Coordinator
Glenda Linton, 919-515-4310
For Cooperative Extension
Leave and Employment Coordinator
Cheryl Howard, 919-515-1377
CALS - Extension Personnel