Breadcrumb Navigation:

Human Resources > Benefits > Life Events > Current Page

Name and/or Address Changes

help button.  click this to display help form

Ask a question

Name: Your email: Question:

Address and/or Name Changes-Updating Benefits Vendors

If you have a legal name change, you must present your new Social Security card reflecting your new name to your college or division's HR office so that they can validate your name change and update the HR System. 

To update your address, you will log into the MyPack Portal, click on For Faculty & Staff near the top of the page, then click on Personal Information in the Employee Self Service section.  Click on Home and Mailing Address, then click on the pencil icon to edit your address, then save it. 

By updating your address in the MyPack Portal and/or having your name changed in the MyPack Portal the following vendors will be receive your address and/or name change automatically:

  • Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System
  • State Health Plan
  • NCFlex Vendors (dental, vision, flex spending, NCFlex life, AD&D, critical illness, cancer)
  • MetLife Group Term Life Insurance
  • Hyatt Legal Plan
  • Liberty Mutual Long Term Disability
  • Standard Long Term Disability


For the following benefits, please update your address and/or name by calling the vendor directly:


Automobile & Homeowners Insurance (Traveler's) 919-847-4909
TIAA-CREF ORP, 403(b) or 457 877-267-4505
Fidelity ORP, 403(b) or 457 800-343-0860
Prudential 401(k) & 457 866-627-5267



Last Edited: July 10th, 2015