Breadcrumb Navigation:

Human Resources > Glossary > Current Page

Term Details - Co-Insurance

Co-insurance is the percentage of a healthcare providerís fee that the patient is expected to pay. For example, some insurance plans pay 80 percent of a doctorís usual, customary and reasonable (UCR) fees. The patient is expected to pay the other 20%. The 20% is considered the co-insurance

Back to term index