Generations At Work
Course Number: HR0017
Description: Today, the typical workforce includes five, very distinct generations. Each of these unique generations brings to the workplace a different set of work values, preferences for how, when and where to accomplish work activities, and views about what is important in life in general. These generational differences can lead to misunderstandings, employee turnover, difficulty in attracting employees and gaining employee commitment. Understanding how to work with and manage younger and older workers can make the workplace more productive.Objectives:
- Review the characteristics of the five generations: Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials and Gen Z.
- Understand the work styles of each generation.
- Discuss strategies for how to be Gen Flexible and for engaging and motivating our diverse workforce.
- Explore the Clashpoints model to gain a better understanding of generational differences.
- Discuss future trends in the workplace and how to prepare for the next generation of the workforce.
|05/12/2016||9:00 - 12:00||Room 212||Admin II|
|To register for a course, please log-in to MyPACK Portal and follow this menu path:|
|Main Menu > Employee Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment|