events archive: 2013
11/14/13 - 2013 Nano Energy Summit, Rice University
4/9/13 - 4/10/13 - Nanotech Commercialization Conference. Wake Forest Biotech Place in Winston-Salem will host the fifth annual Nanotech Commercialization Conference on April 9 and 10. The conference is sponsored by the Center Of Innovation in Nanobiotechnology (COIN), the NanoBusiness Commercialization Association, and the North Carolina Office of Science & Technology. The event draws nanotech entrepreneurs investors from North Carolina and around the country. The lineup of speakers includes:
- Dr. Anthony Atala, director of the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- Dr. Mihail C. Roco, Senior Advisor for Nanotechnology, National Science Foundation
- Scott E. Rickert, president, co-founder and CEO of California nanocoatings company NanoFilm
- Scott Livingston, chairman and CEO of Livingston Securities and regarded as Wall Street’s expert on nanotechnology.
- Dr. Sally Tinkle is Deputy Director, National Nanotechnology Coordination Office (NNCO)
- Professor David Carroll, director, Nanotechnology & Molecular Materials at Wake Forest University.
- Douglas W. Jamison, chairman, CEO and managing director of New York City based Harris & Harris Group, which invests in nanotech companies
- Jim Phillips, chairman and CEO of Arkansas-based nanotech company NanoMech
For more information on the conference including registration details, go to www.nanoevent.org.