NRLI in the News
Newspaper, Magazine Articles, or other stories of interest on the Natural Resources Leadership Institute
- Diverse Panel Agrees on Restoration Initiative: PERSPECTIVES, the Magazine of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences at NC State University, contains an article (summer 2004) on the Natural Resources Leadership Institute and RESOLVE and their effort in working with a diverse group of stakeholders to provide recommendations on Bankhead Forest Health and Restoration Initiative.
- Institute Seeks People to Teach: Gaston Gazatte Reporter, Dana Haydock,reports on the Natural Resources Leadership Institute.
- Forestry Panel Agrees on Large Scale Restoration: The RESOLVE Reporter reports on the work of the Natural Resources Leadership Institute and RESOLVE in working with the US Forest Service and the Bankhead Liaison Panel in Alabama. From September 2002- May 2003,facilitators from NRLI and RESOLVE helped the Bankhead Liaison Panel reach consensus on the forest restoration project.
- NRLI Conducts Hydropower Relicensing Training: Carolina Partners, newsletter of the Catawba- Wateree Relicensing Coalition (Vol.3, Issue 1, p.4) reports on the May 2003,hydropower training. Funded provided to the Natural Resources Leadership Institute from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation supported the training initiative. Representatives from Duke Energy, state and federal agencies, and stakeholders representing different interests in the Catawba-Wateree basin attended the training.
- Raleigh Neighborhood Summit: The Natural Resources Leadership provides keynote: “Building an Agenda for Citizen Involvement,”, followed with facilitation leadership to the Neighborhood Coalition for Responsible Development (NCRDR) Summit held for Raleigh citizens in February 2002.
- Finding Common Ground: Smoky Mountain News article, "Extension Program Brings Opposing Camps to the Table", written by Don Hendershot (March 21, 2001). Story describes the benefits of the Natural Resources Leadership Institute (NRLI) and presents insights on two NRLI case studies.
- Reaching Consensus: PERSPECTIVES, the Magazine of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences at NC State University, contains an article (winter 2001) on the Natural Resources Leadership Institute, titled "Reaching Consensus." Written by Dave Caldwell, the article focuses on the development of the Institute and the impacts previous participants have had as a result of participating in the institute.
- Recipient of the 1998 OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD IN PUBLIC ISSUES EDUCATION awarded by the National Public Policy Education Committee and the Farm Foundation.
- Recipient of the 2000 North Carolina Association of Cooperative Extension Specialists
Award for OUTSTANDING DEVELOPMENT and DELIVERY of EXTENSION EDUCATION PROGRAMS.