Office of International Services

J-1 Research Scholar Status

Welcome! This section of our website is dedicated to J-1 Research Scholars, J-1 Professors and J-1 Short Term Scholars. You will find all the information you need to know regarding maintaining your J-1 immigration status in the U.S. Please take a look at our menu on the left hand side to find the different aspects of your immigration status. Further down in the left hand menu, you will find practical resources to help you get settled here at NC State University. You can learn about the cross-cultural programs available to you in the OIS Programs section and any forms you may need can be found under Forms for Research Scholars.

If you have any questions or concerns, please visit the OIS office during our daily walk-in hours (from 2 PM to 3 PM) or make an appointment with one of the OIS advisors (call 919-515-2961). We are happy to help you any way we can!