June 16, 2006
Publications update from Communication Services
The following free publication is available through Communication Services. To order, contact JeanneMarie_Wallace@ncsu.edu:
Using Polyacrylamide (PAM) to Reduce Erosion on Construction Sites, AG-439-61. This new three-page fact sheet describes a method that reduces construction site erosion. Sediment and turbidity have the widest impact on water quality of any pollutants. PAM is a chemical treatment used to augment seeding and mulching.
The following new publications are free and available through Communication Services:
* Using Polyacrylamide (PAM) to Control Erosion on Construction Sites, AG-439-61, by Richard McLaughlin, four pages
* Impact of Increasing Fertilizer Prices on Optimum Nitrogen Rates, AG-439-60, by John Havlin and Geoff Benson, four pages
* Permeable Pavements, Green Roofs, and Cisterns, AG-588-6, an eight-page publication by Bill Hunt and Laura Szpir, describes structural stormwater practices that filter and reduce stormwater runoff. It is also online at http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/stormwater/PublicationFiles/BMPs4LID.pdf.
* The Small Hive Beetle: A Pest of Honey Bee Colonies, AG-663, by David Tarpy, 4 pages. It is also online at http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/entomology/apiculture/PDF%20files/2.05.pdf.
* The Best Pet for You, AG-668, by Kimberly Ange, four pages
* Learning to Handle Cat Behaviors, AG-669, by Kimberly Ange and Brynn Seabolt, four pages
Posted by Natalie at June 16, 2006 08:00 AM