December 12, 2008
Wiggins is appointed grievance coordinator
Dr. Sandy Wiggins, Extension specialist for environmental health and housing in the Department of 4-H Youth Development and Family and Consumer Sciences, has been named grievance coordinator for the N.C. Cooperative Extension Service, effective Oct. 1. She replaces Dr. Wayne Matthews, who retired June 30.
The grievance program applies to all county level employees of NC Cooperative Extension at N.C. State University and N.C. A&T State University. In this role, Wiggins will:
* Coordinate a system for counseling an aggrieved employee
* Attempt to resolve informally the matter raised by the aggrieved person
* Arrange for the receipt and assessment/coordination of individual grievances
* Arrange for the receipt and assessment/coordination of general allegations by organizations or third parties of discrimination, which are necessary on individual complaints
* Recommend any disciplinary action(s) that may be warranted when an employee has been found to have engaged in a discriminatory practice
* Make recommendations to the Director/Administrator that she considers desirable, including disciplinary action that is warranted by the circumstances
Cooperative Extension is committed to the rights set forth in our grievance procedures. You may view these procedures at: http://intra.ces.ncsu.edu/DeskRef/handbook/eah-61.htm.
Posted by Natalie at December 12, 2008 09:35 AM