Academic Year 2021-22
October 16, 2021
NC State 33
Boston College 7
October 14, 2021
Recognition of Louis Martin-Vega, dean of the College of Engineering, being elected to the National Academy of Engineering
October 8, 2021
Recognition of Hasan Jameel, the Jordan Family Distinguished Professor for Natural Resource Innovation, receiving the UNC Board of Governors’ Award for Excellence in Teaching
September 25, 2021
NC State 27
August 28, 2021
Commencement for the class of 2020
Since its completion in 1937, the Memorial Tower has stood as a symbol of identity for North Carolina State University, a timekeeper for tradition and a perpetual memorial to NC State students who gave their lives in defense of their country. As well as a memorial, the tower is a rallying point for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the university community.
The Belltower is lighted for holidays that honor our veterans, such as Memorial Day and Veterans’ Day, and to celebrate NC State’s proudest occasions and achievements.
The tower will also be lighted for events celebrated by the campus community:
- Spring and Winter Commencements.
- Welcome Week Finale — Packapalooza.
- Celebration of Faculty Excellence.
- Founders Day, NC State Remembers – an annual day of remembrance honoring our Founders and members of our North Carolina State University community who have passed away.
- Induction of a member of the NC State Faculty into the National Academies.
- The awarding of a Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, National Medal or Presidential Early Career Award for Science and Engineering.
- The awarding of a North Carolina Award or Governor’s Award for Excellence.
- The awarding of the O. Max Gardner Award.
- The awarding of the Board of Governors’ Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- The awarding of the James E. Holhauser, Jr. Award for Excellence in Public Service.
- The selection for a Churchill, Clarendon-Oxford, Gates-Cambridge, Goldwater, Knight-Hennessy, Madison, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, Truman or Udall scholarships.
- The inauguration of the President of the University of North Carolina or installation of the Chancellor of NC State.
- Atlantic Coast Conference victories at home or away for football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or baseball (series win).
- Select postseason victories for football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or baseball (e.g., football bowl win, basketball Sweet 16, baseball super regional).
- ACC championships for any team sport.
- National championships for any team or individual sport.
- Other celebrations at the discretion of the Chancellor.
Requests for additional events will be considered by the chancellor and the university’s executive officers. Send requests via email to Chief of Staff and Secretary of the University Dr. Paula Gentius at Paula_Gentius@ncsu.edu.
Note: Due to ongoing restoration of the Belltower, this year’s celebrations will take place at the Talley Technology Tower.