Academic Year 2020-21
July 19, 2021
Recognition of Pat Rand receiving the Board of Governors Award for Excellence in Teaching
June 28, 2021
Recognition of the NC State baseball team’s participation in the NCAA College World Series
June 13, 2021
NCAA Super Regional
NC State 2
NC State 6
NC State 3
June 6, 2021
NC State 8
Louisiana Tech 3
NC State 14
Louisiana Tech 7
Since its completion in 1937, the Memorial Tower has stood as a symbol of identity for North Carolina State University, a timekeeper for tradition and a perpetual memorial to NC State students who gave their lives in defense of their country. As well as a memorial, the tower is a rallying point for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the university community.
The Belltower is lighted for holidays that honor our veterans, such as Memorial Day and Veterans’ Day, and to celebrate NC State’s proudest occasions and achievements.
The tower will also be lighted for events celebrated by the campus community:
- Spring and Winter Commencements.
- Welcome Week Finale — Packapalooza.
- Celebration of Faculty Excellence.
- Founders Day, NC State Remembers – an annual day of remembrance honoring our Founders and members of our North Carolina State University community who have passed away.
- Induction of a member of the NC State Faculty into the National Academies.
- The awarding of a Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, National Medal or Presidential Early Career Award for Science and Engineering.
- The awarding of a North Carolina Award or Governor’s Award for Excellence.
- The awarding of the O. Max Gardner Award.
- The awarding of the Board of Governors’ Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- The awarding of the James E. Holhauser, Jr. Award for Excellence in Public Service.
- The selection for a Churchill, Clarendon-Oxford, Gates-Cambridge, Goldwater, Knight-Hennessy, Madison, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, Truman or Udall scholarships.
- The inauguration of the President of the University of North Carolina or installation of the Chancellor of NC State.
- Atlantic Coast Conference victories at home or away for football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or baseball (series win).
- Select postseason victories for football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or baseball (e.g., football bowl win, basketball Sweet 16, baseball super regional).
- ACC championships for any team sport.
- National championships for any team or individual sport.
- Other celebrations at the discretion of the Chancellor.
Requests for additional events will be considered by the chancellor and the university’s executive officers. Send requests via email to Chief of Staff and Secretary of the University Dr. Paula Gentius at Paula_Gentius@ncsu.edu.
Note: Due to ongoing restoration of the Belltower, this year’s celebrations will take place at the Talley Technology Tower.