A career at NC State opens the door to many opportunities—not just for advancement and recognition, but also for personal and professional development. The resources we provide our faculty and staff range from professional development and teaching-and-learning courses, to employee discount programs and help in obtaining funding or patents for research results.
- Office of Professional Development offers courses for NC State faculty and staff interested in enhancing career skills.
- Training & Organizational Development (T&OD) is committed to identifying and addressing university, departmental, work team, and individual development opportunities for NC State faculty and staff.
- Office of Faculty Development promotes excellence in teaching through faculty development.
- SPARCS facilitates research proposals, agreements, and internal and external funding distribution.
- Office of Technology Transfer helps researchers in obtaining patents, commercializing new technologies, supporting start-up companies, and licensing research to industry.
- NCSU Bookstore can assist with textbook adoption, course material requisition, hardware, software, or NC State gifts when only something red and white will do.
- From employee perks and recognition programs to benefits and job classification, find faculty, staff and postdoc information.
- New employee information for quick links to the tools and information most new hires need.
- Library computing resources directs you to links for borrowing laptops, camcorders; using the Digital Media Lab and more.
- Employee benefits range from life and health insurance to discounts on entertainment and sporting events.
- Feeling crafty or artistic? The Crafts Center at NC State offers classes in fine handicrafts from woodworking and clay to glass, fibers and metalsmithing.
- ARTS NC State is the university’s creative outlet for theater and the performing arts, music and dance with performance and exhibitions from local, regional, national and international artists.
- WolfWikis are popular tools faculty, students and staff can use for collaborative work.
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) supports campus-wide information and communication technology systems and services for NC State’s administrative, academic and research functions.