The Strength of the Pack
Beginning with Reynolds Coliseum and continuing with Carter-Finley Stadium and PNC Arena, NC State works with public and private partners to provide state-of-the-art multipurpose facilities that host athletic events, concerts and other entertainment and educational activities.
Now sponsoring 23 varsity programs, NC State Athletics promotes team and individual success, makes scholarship and educational opportunities available to more than 550 student-athletes, and creates memorable experiences for Wolfpack fans.
Students and alumni, faculty and staff, fans old and new, all find their strength in the Pack.
- The NC State women’s basketball team won the 2020 ACC Championship.
- The wrestling team won the 2020 ACC Championship.
- Men’s swimming and diving earned its sixth straight ACC Championship.
- Women’s swimming and diving won its second ACC title in three seasons.
- The women’s cross-country team won a league title, their third straight and 24th in school history.
- Four NC State head coaches earned Coach of the Year status within their team’s conference: Laurie Henes (women’s cross country), Kim Landrus (gymnastics), Braden Holloway (men’s swimming and diving) and Simon Earnshaw (women’s tennis).
- The athletics program ranked 26th in the national Learfield IMG Directors’ Cup competitive standings for 2018-2019.
- NC State was one of just two NCAA schools to have a first-round draft pick in the WNBA, MLB and NFL drafts.